Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tis' the Season........

Slandering campaign ads, delicious debates and social media smut.......that's right - it's Election Season!

This being said - let's talk politics.  That is......at a very high non invasive level :-)  So a month or so back, family approached me and posed the question "do you know who you're voting for?" To which my reply was "actually....no".  At that time I had yet to dig in and uncover the facts (or info relayed as facts).  I have since done so, and my response now would be ...."yes :-) & this is why........"

To do this "digging", I followed the national conventions, began pursuing issues of interest via political websites such as: RealClearPolitics, CNN & Fivethirtyeight (although I know these are skewed as well), continue to watch the ongoing debates,  and lastly - spending time doing the real thinking on my own. NOTE: this last part is the MOST important.....why? Because as candid and truthful we'd like to believe that media is (news, radio, print, etc) especially when it comes to politics - we should all know better than this.  I personally have been "burned" by the media, and I now look back and realize how "eye opening" it was. Regardless of this fact, I say this for one simple reason (and being burned is not it) the reason is - media is driven by profit NOT by serving public interest. It's all about $$$$ - so what this means is..... do your OWN leg work.

Oh yes, back to the "why".  This is my why.......
"I'll support you & give you my vote, because you believe in the essence of dream I'm living."

 Please vote.






No comments:

Post a Comment