Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I Have a Threenager


Three years ago today I paced the halls of Swedish Hospital anxiously awaiting a little girl that I knew would rock my world (ok: I waddled the halls keeling over as each painful wave of contractions hit). No matter the amount of books read, websites perused or classes attended – I could not have been prepared for what this incredible vibrant little person would do to my heart. How she would shape my world, expand my mind and change EVERYTHING.

Cora Marie at 7 pounds 4 ounces came into this world wide eyed and silent …… happy, healthy and hungry, yet as content and peaceful as could be. She wrapped her perfect wrinkly fingers around mine, looked into my eyes right through to my soul, and latched onto my breast, where she stayed for nearly an hour. Focused on satisfying a need and listening to her Mothers heartbeat, while forming a bond that could never ever be broken. To date – THIS is my favorite, most memorable and accomplished moment in my life.
Three years later she is still wide eyed, happy, healthy and yes - hungry. Silent? NO :-) While I still satisfy her needs, those needs have changed dramatically as she learns to pursue, provide and consider all in life for herself. The bond remains tighter than ever and I know always will, as she satisfies my needs in return. She still looks through my eyes into my soul, while clutching my hand for comfort. The days are chaotic and filled with her laughter, tantrums, silliness and sass, that come through one liners, a smarty pants attitude and brilliant observations of the world around her.
Yes, I definitely have a threenager. She is busier, sassier and stronger willed than most while constantly keeping me on my toes. She wears my patience, test my limits, and takes until I have no more to give…..although I always do. During these days (that I’m aware will soon pass) we navigate a life together as Mother and Daughter, building a new home. We continue to learn from each other, love on each other, and drive each other crazy :-) Throughout it all I see her heart …….. her huge, compassionate, warm heart, in the little body that she will soon outgrow. I feel blessed. I feel satisfied, and yes – my world is rocked.

Happy birthday my sweet girl.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment