Tuesday, January 27, 2015

In The Last 12 Years

In the last 12 years ........

I have travelled throughout the US, Asia, Mexico, and frolicked on many tropical  beaches. I started a career that I'm thankful to say remains challenging, purposeful and rewarding. I got married, bought a dog, and built a home. I have enjoyed girlfriend getaways & celebrated degrees, weddings, babies, break-ups, first homes and good wine :-) I have delighted in being an Auntie to a bright and polite young lady, as well as 2 sharp and compassionate little boys. I have settled into 2 different churches, found a community group that changed my life, and prayed with those closest to me - as well as complete strangers. I gave birth to a perfect baby girl who in turn has given life to me. I have made mistakes. Many mistakes. I've leaned on my parents time  and again.........as well as church family and friends. They've leaned on me back. I ran a 1/2 marathon, jumped out of a plane, vacationed alone, written and read poetry, and experienced the beauty in music. I lost an incredible brilliant woman who I was blessed to call Grandma & also a marriage, as I mourned loss in many forms. I have learned how to be a single Mother while being guided and encouraged in the process by angels I call: Mom, Girlfriends, and amazing real deal folk :-) I have been blessed beyond words in relationships, finances, spirituality and smarts. I have fallen in love.....more than once..... or even twice. I have quit jobs and leapt off ledges in faith. Anxiety has at time paralyzed me while faith has always saved me. I have embraced experiences, people, learnings', and all  small and big moments with an open and wanting heart.

In the last 12 years I have beaten Cancer and I have lived.

 

1 comment:

  1. Angela, I celebrate the amazing, faith-filled and glorious woman you have become and continue to be. The Lord has been by your side through every single up and down you have gone through. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete