Monday, March 30, 2015

Sonoma Sips, Style & Sincerity

Every sip. Every penny (a lot of them). Every beautiful moment. Well worth it.

This is how it went down..........this past summer while working for GLG I found myself in the quaint and quiet Long Beach, CA airport. Hoping to charge my phone before flight, I asked a fellow traveler if I could borrow his cord, no longer being used. A yes, and conversation on social listening later - an invite to Sonoma came. He and his girls lived in the beautiful and slow Sonoma county and welcomed pleasant guests and wine lovers alike. I fancied the idea.

Then fancied it some more. And nearly a year later when nice weather arrived, I thought, "why would I not make my way to Sonoma to slow down, sip and explore their scene," And so I did.

When I say that I want to go back tomorrow, know that's because yes - I do. As in, "could I live here" thoughts crossed my mind while there and it's still debatable. Not doable but debatable. I settled in so well and how could I not, when my hosts and my scenery were so warm and welcoming. Dennis (my friend and host) would often say "every day is focused on staying in this beautiful bubble of ours" ...... and it was. He knows what he's got and he's working to keep it. What he's got is red, whites and bubbles along with breathtaking views for breakfast (and lunch and dinner) just moments away. Jack London's (think Call of the Wild) impressive estate and grounds within minutes, and Sonoma's Town Square, boasting delicious fare and tasting rooms galore just around the corner. All part of the neighborhood. Only minutes away from his neighbor, Napa.

While there are so many sights, scenes and sips to call out, it would take too many words to recount every worthy moment yet the consistent theme was this: Slow down. Savor. Embrace and enjoy. It's not a foreign country removed from the rush or the everyday business (as San Fran is a commuters drive away) yet they still thrive differently. The ambiance of the vineyards, warm talent and local social scene (all intentional transplants) make it a place you want to be. A crowd you want to join. A tasting that you never want to end.

I loved it. All of it.

(shout outs to my now near & dear missed friends: Dennis, Gerry, Michelle, Connor, Jason and Kyle - you help make it what it is)
































No comments:

Post a Comment